Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light. When I make them I use chicken breasts, and skewer chicken seperately from veggies. Also I use all Greek yogurt in place of the yogurt/sour cream mixture in the raita.
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1 inch chunks
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled and seeded-grated and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced and seeded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare kebabs: Combine first 12 ingredients in large ziptop bag; seal and marinate in fridge overnight, turning occasionally.
- Two hours before cooking prepare raita: Combine 1/2 c plain yogurt and remaining ingredients in small bowl. Cover and chill til serving time.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Thread chicken, onion, bell pepper and zucchini in each of 8 skewers, (Soaked if wooden) Coat kebabs with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook til chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally. Serve with raita.