Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is the easiest recipe ever! Absolutely delicious. A roasting pan with a tight fitting lid or a flat bottom oven ready pan with lid. Serve with a salad, rice, noodles or potatoes. I have made with all breasts or wings. I prefer 8 to 10 assorted pieces of cut up chicken. You do not need hot peppers to make a dish spicy, Ground dry mustard does the job. I have had rave reviews. A eye catching dish.
- cut up broiler-fryer chicken
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground basil or 1⁄3 teaspoon fresh minced basil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or 1 tablespoon Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredieents.
- Pat chicken pieces dry.
- Beat egg and milk in a medium bowl.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Place cooking oil in roaster pan or spray roaster with Pam.
- Place individual chicken pieces in egg milk mixture. Place in bowl of flour mixture. Spoon mixture over each individual chicken piece.
- Place them in roaster pan.
- Sprinkle remaining spice flour mixture over all of the pieces.
- Drizzle any remaining egg mixture over the chicken.
- Cover. Bake 1 1/4 hours to 1 1/2 hours until done.