1/5 Photos of Spiced Chicken Legs With Mango Salad
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is another recipe which is lower in carbs than most, I have said before I have been trying to cook lower carb meals recently as per my hubby's request. This fine by me as it gives me a chance to eat a bit lighter as well. I like to mix it up and not cook low carb every night as I prefer to throw in some starchy carbs 1-2 times a week for balance. This is a very light refreshing meal with the mango salad and is probably more of a summertime dish but we have had some mild weather here again so it was a nice dish that did not over heat the house to much. This dish contains approximately 17g of carbohydrates per serving and 42g protein, if you want to add some carbs to make this more filling just toss some rice noodles in with the salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- 180 g snow peas, halved
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
Lime and Vinegar Dressing
- 1Heat the tablespoon sesame oil in a deep frying pan, cook chicken, in batches, until browned all over about 7-8 Min's. (Do not skip this step, chicken will not brown with sauce and you will end up with unappealing looking legs on your plate.).
- 2Meanwhile, combine remaining chicken ingredients in a jug.
- 3Return chicken to pan with stock mixture, bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered, about 25 Min's or until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing in a jug pour over salad greens and toss through.
- 6To Serve: Divide chicken and salad among serving plates, drizzle chicken with remaining pan juices if desired.
- 7I have listed 3-4 on the serving depending on whether you want to serve 2 or 3 drumsticks per person.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Chicken Legs With Mango Salad
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.8
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 236.6 mg
- Sodium 1585.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 64.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar