Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This spicy chicken dish is rich with spices and fragrant herbs that will titillate the taste buds and leave your family and guests asking for more. The recipe combines cayenne pepper, coriander, garlic and ginger with a tang of lemon and a pinch of sugar and salt to create a fabulous blend of mouth-watering tastes. This delicious and easy recipe is a must try!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely torn
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces blue cheese, broken into bite-sized chunks
- 1⁄2 cup creamy garlic dressing or 1⁄2 cup italian vinaigrette
- Rinse and pat dry chicken, set aside.
- Heat a wide, heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet over a medium flame until hot.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine the oil, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic and onion powders, cumin, coriander, sugar and lemon juice. Brush the oil mixture on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Place chicken in hot skillet. Cook about 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longr pink; turning only once. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut each one into 4 pieces.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and place the chicken on top. Sprinkle the cubed avocado and blue cheese over the chicken and lettuce. Top with dressing. Serve immediately.