Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Ellie Krieger's recipe. Chicken and grapes are just meant to be together! This combination is just wonderful with the cumin and coriander spices. It is equally delicious with lemon or orange. The savory garlic and sweet grapes make it irresistible. I serve it with a quick yogurt sauce (greek or plain yogurt, garlic, fresh lemon or orange juice). Ellie's couscous and a green vegetable are great side dishes. This is so fast and easy to prepare. Substitutions work well also.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemons, zest of or 1 orange, zest of
- 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 -4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 (10 inch) skewers
- 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemons or 1 orange, cut into wedges
- Whisk together the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt.
- Add chicken to marinade and toss to coat. Let marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- While chicken is marinating, soak skewers in water if wooden.
- Thread 4 pieces of chicken and 4 grapes onto each skewer, alternating with each piece.
- Spray a grill pan or outdoor grill with cooking spray (or wipe down with an oiled paper towel) and preheat to med-high heat.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes a side. Sprinkle with mint and serve with lemon or orange wedges.
This was awesome, super easy, flavorful marinade. I made a yogurt dipping sauce to go with, this recipe will definitely go into my regular rotation!
My 3 yr. old loved not only making this with me but eating it too. The spice is nice and a mixture I will use later for a more adult meal. Very kid friendly.