1 hr 25 mins
I have a friend who loves spice cake. Now, she loves this spiced cheesecake, too. Very nice and light and the nut crust is perfect with the spicy flavors of the filling.
My Private Note
9inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pecans, toasted (or walnuts or hazelnuts or almonds or a mixture, 8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1Oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Wrap the bottom of the springform pan tightly in foil.
- 3CRUST: Finely grind the nuts and sugar in a food processor- be careful- don't overprocess.
- 4Just until the nuts are in very, very small pieces, not a paste!
- 5Turn out into a bowl, add the melted butter and mix until it comes together.
- 6Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until it looks"dry".
- 7Cool to room temperature.
- 8FILLING: In your mixer bowl, combine the cream cheese, mascarpone and sugar.
- 9Using the paddle attachment on med-low speed, beat just until smooth.
- 10Add the remaining ingredients and mix on low speed until well combined.
- 11Pour the filling over the crust.
- 12Place the cheesecake in the larger pan, and place that pan on the middle rack of your oven.
- 13Pour water into the baking pan until it comes half-way up the sides of your springform pan.
- 14Bake until the sides of the cheesecake are set, but the center is still a little jiggly (like fresh jello).
- 15This should take about 45-55 minutes.
- 16Do not overbake!
- 17Don't worry about the jiggle- the cake will firm up while chilling.
- 18Carefully remove the cheesecake from the larger pan, and run a very thin knife around the edge of the pan to prevent the cake from sticking to the sides.
- 19Let cool completely to room temperature, then refrigerate for several hours, or overnight before serving.
- 20NOTE: This cheesecake freezes very well for several months if you wrap it tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap.
- 21It is best if if made the day before you serve it.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (1540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6085.3
- Calories from Fat 4611
- Total Fat 512.3 g
- Saturated Fat 213.9 g
- Cholesterol 1463.2 mg
- Sodium 3222.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 331.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.4 g
- Sugars 300.6 g
- Protein 86.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: