Recipe by Dancer^
An interesting way to serve cauliflower. Go easy on the cumin, but if you like it go for it. You can leave the sugar out of this recipe for a harder kick.
Top Review by D's Darling
Usually we just steam our cauliflower, but last night after having found this recipe I decided to try it. Glad I did. Everyone liked it, especially my "I'm not hungry ever" DM, she asked for more! I did add about a teaspoon sugar but think that next time I will leave it out. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 onions
- 6 tablespoons oil (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions, then cook in oil until soft.
- Add mustard, ginger, salt and tumeric, cook for about 3 minutes, while stirring.
- Cut cauliflower in pieces, add it to spice mixture, making sure it is covered thoroughly.
- Skin and finely chop tomatoes, stir into mix with cumin and parsley.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent boiling.