Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An interesting way to serve cauliflower. Go easy on the cumin, but if you like it go for it. You can leave the sugar out of this recipe for a harder kick.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 onions
- 6 tablespoons oil (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
- Chop onions, then cook in oil until soft.
- Add mustard, ginger, salt and tumeric, cook for about 3 minutes, while stirring.
- Cut cauliflower in pieces, add it to spice mixture, making sure it is covered thoroughly.
- Skin and finely chop tomatoes, stir into mix with cumin and parsley.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent boiling.
Usually we just steam our cauliflower, but last night after having found this recipe I decided to try it. Glad I did. Everyone liked it, especially my "I'm not hungry ever" DM, she asked for more! I did add about a teaspoon sugar but think that next time I will leave it out. Thanks for a great recipe!