Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an indian inspired dish, great flavor, your guest will want the recipe.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 small cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 small fresh red chilies, seeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 7 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk, plus
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover pan and steam 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove potatoes and steam cauliflower 10 minutes, or until almost tender, drain.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add next 4 ingredients.
- Cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add seeds and turmeric; cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Stir in potatoes, cauliflower, peas and milk; cook, stirring, until thoroughly heated.