Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious way to do cauliflower.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 small cauliflower, divided into flowerets
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions in oil in a medium saucepan for 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, turmeric, coriander and cardamom.
- Stir over heat for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, turning it gently with a spoon to coat with the onion and spice mixture.
- Add the water and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook gently for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is just tender.
- Shake the pan from time to time to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
- Check for seasoning.
This is beautiful, delicious, tasty, healthy and easy.
The spice composition makes this recipe really special. It's not much more work than the usual boiled cauliflower and presents very well.
I like the cardamom note in it!
Thanks a lot for this recipe!
What a nice change from the plain boiled cauliflower! Its also low cal and very tasty! Halfed the coriander was my only change due to personnal taste. A 5 star recipe that will be a common side dish from now on. Thanks Ev, for another keeper!
This was very tasty! All I did was add some butter and some salt! Thanks Evelyn!