Recipe by evelyn/athens
A delicious way to do cauliflower.
Top Review by awalde
This is beautiful, delicious, tasty, healthy and easy.
The spice composition makes this recipe really special. It's not much more work than the usual boiled cauliflower and presents very well.
I like the cardamom note in it!
Thanks a lot for this recipe!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 small cauliflower, divided into flowerets
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in oil in a medium saucepan for 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, turmeric, coriander and cardamom.
- Stir over heat for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, turning it gently with a spoon to coat with the onion and spice mixture.
- Add the water and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook gently for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is just tender.
- Shake the pan from time to time to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
- Check for seasoning.