Exotic flavours combining to make a refreshing dish that is a welcome side to a simple roast.
Make and share this Spiced Carrots with Raisins recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with boiling water and let stand 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots with enough boiling, salted water to cover by 2 inches and boil 2 minutes.
- In the same saucepan, saute the garlic in the oil over moderately-low heat until fragrant and add carrots.
- Cover and cook 1 minute.
- Add raisins, drained, brown sugar, spices and season to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes longer, or until carrots are just tender.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes and stir in yoghurt.