Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium saucepan combine carrots, orange juice, chicken broth, allspice, ginger, and lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in sugar, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
These are so easy and so delicious! Low fat, and I really liked the allspice and ginger seasoning. Plus you get the beautiful color to go with the rest of your meal! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I made these a year ago, and posted a photo, but just realized my review didn't show up. I remember these being quite tasty and easy to do. I cut the amount of sugar in half, though. The citrus and ginger are a nice combination. I also used baby carrots instead of sliced.