Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Take a somewhat bland vegetable like carrots, add some raisins & a little spice, and.......
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Put all the ingredients EXCEPT brown sugar in a covered, medium saucepan, & cook them all over low heat for 15 minutes, until carrots are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add brown sugar & cook until the sugar dissolves.
DH and I both loved these. I used Splenda Brown Blend in half the amount ask for and golden raisins and just followed the recipe. I should also say that this can be made a bit ahead I cooked everything to almost the point of adding the brown sugar and then sat the pot aside (covered) for about an hr. When I was ready to finish it up I just reheated, added the Splenda Brown and cooked for about a minute. YUM!
Wow, these were really great! I added 3/4 tsp of vanilla and a little honey with the brown sugar. These made a great addition to christmas! Thanks Sydney Mike for posting!!
These are awesome, and so easy to throw together. A definate keeper! (made for Everyday is a Holiday tag)