Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home. My kids' favorite "cooked" carrots.
- 5 large carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon; pour over carrots and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
I made these carrots last night and we really liked them - especially the kids. Will make them again and again!
These were nice for a change! My husband loved them.