- 8 large carrots
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup shredded of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the carrots.
- Combine the carrots, garlic, walnuts, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne, olive oil, lemon juice and salt to taste in a serving bowl.
- Cover and let stand for one hour at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, toss in the mint and serve.