Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a quick easy dip that is healthy and light. It is a great recipe to put out, prior to a meal, for guests to pick at or as something to snack on. I made this on the weekend as I had my family over for my sister's birthday. I have also made this along with other dips when I have had 20-30 people over for a party, as something to snack on, while I am getting together the main affair.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped finely
- Boil or microwave carrots until soft, drain.
- Heat oil in a frying pan cook garlic and spices until fragrant.
- Blend or process carrot, spices, yogurt and coriander until smooth.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Serve with either homemade dippers or store bought.
Was a very nice dip, and liked the idea of cooking the spices. I did cook the carrots and prepare the spices at the same time to cut down on time. I like the idea of using the Greek yogurt, as it was a nice change from regular plain yogurt.
I made half of this dip for a nice light dinner yesterday and my family enjoyed it alot.
It is very light and healthy, which is always a plus. The spices go great together and make this dip special.
The texture is creamy with a few chunks of carrots and easily scoopable.
I dont think this will become my all time favourite dip, but it is a nice change of pace.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe here with us, Nat!
Made and reviewed for the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap August 2010.
Fabulous dip and a wonderful way to eat carrots which don't inspire me much at the best of times except when presented in a cake with lots of frosting. This recipe is also impressive for its speed of preparation. I had to sub sour cream for the yoghurt. We loved it with warm rolls.