Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a quick easy dip that is healthy and light. It is a great recipe to put out, prior to a meal, for guests to pick at or as something to snack on. I made this on the weekend as I had my family over for my sister's birthday. I have also made this along with other dips when I have had 20-30 people over for a party, as something to snack on, while I am getting together the main affair.
Top Review by Studentchef
Was a very nice dip, and liked the idea of cooking the spices. I did cook the carrots and prepare the spices at the same time to cut down on time. I like the idea of using the Greek yogurt, as it was a nice change from regular plain yogurt.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil or microwave carrots until soft, drain.
- Heat oil in a frying pan cook garlic and spices until fragrant.
- Blend or process carrot, spices, yogurt and coriander until smooth.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Serve with either homemade dippers or store bought.