Recipe by cricketbird
I have a copy of the "Old Fashioned Cook Book", that my daughter Allison bought for me. I made this cake, from that book, to send to my daughter for her 20th birthday. Happy birthday my love.........MWAH from Mooma!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together first 6 ingredients.
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, and cream well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in carrot.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts or pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Baked at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Sift confectioners sugar over top.