Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is based on a recipe by chef, Jill Dupleix. It's quick and easy-to-make, and has warm flavours from the cumin and cinnamon. Great colour too!
- 450 g carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 large orange
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (coriander)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar (confectioners)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Peel the carrots and grate them coarsely.
- Peel the orange with a knife, removing all the white pith. Cut it crosswise into 1 cm thick slices, then into small segments.
- Finely chop the coriander (cilantro) and mint leaves.
- Put the grated carrot, orange segments in a large bowl.
- Make dressing and pour over carrot mixture. Sprinkle with herb leaves. Toss lightly and serve.
Just simply perfect. The cinnamon adds a tasty dimension to a simple salad. I had run out of ground cumin so sub'ed with a small tsp of whole cumin seeds. Low calorie as well so ideal for anyone watching their weight. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap May 2014.
This is a crisp, zesty salad. The cilantro and mint did a delightful dance with the citrus,cinnamon, and cumin. I will prepare it again. Thank you for sharing this salad recipe.
How delicious was this is a really tasty, refreshing and light salad!<br/>We loved the combination with oranges and the rich addition of spices and herbs.<br/>Next time I would like to serve this BBQ.<br/>Thanks a lot for this great recipe!