Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Trying to stay away from the coffee shops and make my own drinks and save money!!
- 1 cup hot brewed espresso
- 1⁄4 cup flavored liquid non-dairy coffee creamer, such as amaretto, Irish creme or 1⁄4 cup french vanilla
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 dash ground cardamom
- Stir together the hot espresso, creamer, and cinnamon in a glass measuring cup
- Pour into 2 mugs.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to each and sprinkle with cardamom.
Wonderful coffee drink! I used caramel-flavored creamer. Coffee and ice cream are great together of course but for me it was the sprinkling of cardamom that put this over the top. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2014
I'd lose more often in the Football Pool if I could be promised more recipes like this! Truly a delight to enjoy on a rainy evening. I used Non-Fat French Vanilla creamer by Bailey's and then a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cardamon and I'm in coffee heaven! Congrats on your win in the Football Pool Week 4 2012!
I loved this cappuccino. It was awesome. The freshly ground cardamon sent it over the top for me. Made as written, with the exception of the ice cream. My dh ate it all last night, so I used whipped cream instead. It worked really well in the drink. Thank you for sharing a recipe that has gone into my keeper box.