Recipe by Sue Lau
Adapted from a recipe by Padma Lakshmi
Top Review by KateL
5 Stars for taste, 4 stars for hassle, my pecans took the aluminum foil with them when I removed them, which is not normally required for spiced pecans. The taste was heavenly (or devilish?) with the chili pepper contrasting subtly with the maply syrup. Good recipe to use a Silpat on. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Sue! Made for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.
- 1 cup pecan halves or 1 cup any other nuts
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss nuts with other ingredients in a plastic bag until they are coated.
- Arrange nuts in a single layer on a nonstick foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375F or until the syrup begins to darken (be careful not to burn it!).
- Allow to cool in a single layer so they don't stick to each other.