Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is a recipe that I made after being given the idea of cakeballs. These little cake truffles are sooo good you can't have just one.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix, prepared in 13-inch-9-inch pan according to directions on package
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons buttercream frosting
- 1 (5 ounce) bagemerald's pecan pie pecans, finely chopped
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- After cake has cooled, transfer it to a large bowl and use a fork to break it into crumbs.
- Mix in the mascarpone, buttercream frosting, and finely chopped glazed pecans.
- Form cake mixture into 1-inch balls and store in refrigerator until ready to coat in chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate over a double broiler.
- Dip the cakeballs into the chocolate and place on wax paper
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar before chocolate sets.