Recipe by Brian Holley
Simple to cook, good side dish for your curry. A good way to use up cabbage.
Top Review by Earl R.
I made this dish and it was simple & superb!!!!! I served it with Tandori Chicken one that I got from this web site. Both got rave reviews from my dinner guests. Simple food is always the best!!!!!
- 8 ounces cold pre cooked cabbage
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 dried red chilies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the cumin seeds and red chillies for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, and the coconut.
- Stir till the contents of the pan are heated through.
- add the salt and lemon juice.
- Serve with any meat curry.