Recipe by Ck2plz
I am always looking for different ways to cook bulgar. Unique ingredients but sounds good. Posted ZWT7.
Top Review by threeovens
This recipe is right up my alley. There is not much I like more than a bulgur salad. I did not have any jarred roasted peppers, so I roasted a yellow one from my garden. I will certainly be making this again. It was also good room temperature.
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 cup vegetable stock, hot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morroccan mixed spice or 1 large pinch each ground cumin and ground cinnamon
- zest 1 lemon, juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 8 ounces roasted peppers, drained and torn into shreds
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves only
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave proof bowl, cover bulghar wheat with stock.
- Cover with cling film and microwave on High for 4 minutes Set aside, covered; it will absorb the stock within another 5 minutes.
- Make a dressing with spice mix, lemon zest and juice and olive oil, then season to taste. Add the onion, chickpeas, peppers and coriander, toss through the cooked bulghar wheat and serve warm or cold.