Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I usually like broccoli just fine plain, but this is a nice change of pace.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- salt and pepper
- Separate the broccoli heads into small florets. Peel and slice the stems. Blanch the florets and stems in boiling salted water 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- (Note: I often use frozen broccoli. When I do, I skip the above steps and put it directly in the skillet.).
- Cut tomatoes lengthwise into eighths; set aside.
- Stir-fry ginger for a few seconds. Add broccoli, tomatoes, and red pepper. Stir fry 2-3 minutes or till vegetables are heated through. Add 1-2 Tbsp water (I add tomato juice) and continue to stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Serve hot, room temperature, or chilled.
This was very good, but I think next time I will add a little more red pepper for a little more spice. Thanks for the great recipe!