Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ginger, cumin, coriander and other spices, plus a creamy,and slightlysweet dressing, lift this cruciferous salad beyond the usual.
- 3⁄4 cup small broccoli floret
- 3⁄4 cup small cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced 1/4-inch diagonally
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Steam the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots for 2 minutes, then rinse well under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Combine salt and next 5 ingredients in a small skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Do not let the spices burn!
- Combine the spice mixture, sour cream, cider vinegar and honey in a bowl and stir well.
- Add broccoli mixture and toss well to coat all the veggies.
- Stir in green onions just before serving.
I really do love this. I left out the honey because the idea of the sweetness really didn't appeal to me. Everything else was as ask for and boy, was it tasty. I'll be making this a lot this year. It's very quick and so easy. I used light sour cream to lighten the fat content a bit. The colors are great also. Thank you Geema for a very good side dish.