Recipe by Stoblogger
Hearty comfort food that is easy to make and pleasing to the taste buds. Any kind of bread can be used for this recipe from day old slices to French baguette or cinnamon raisin swirl.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups liquid international delight coffee creamer, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 6 cups bread cubes, day old
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup spiced rum or 1⁄4 cup whiskey or 1⁄4 cup liqueur
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bread Pudding:.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Separate eggs, place egg whites on counter for 20 minutes.
- Combine egg yolks, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, milk, creamer, raisins, walnuts, and bread cubes; let soak on counter until egg whites have reached room temperature.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gently fold egg whites into the bread mixture.
- Pour into buttered dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Pudding will be very moist.
- Rum Sauce:.
- Combine brown sugar and flour in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in half-n-half, spiced rum, and nutmeg, stirring constantly.
- After the mixture reaches a boil, about 2 minutes, remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- Pour over hot pudding and serve.