Prep 10 mins
Cook 1008 hrs
This has a a nice layer of flavors. Steeping times posted are the minimum, especially with the orange peel. Use the orange peel later for candying, in a salad, or leave it in the bottle for interest.Ginger, Allspice, Nutmeg, and or Cinnamon are fine spices to use.
- 1. Add crushed blackberries to brandy in a wide mouthed juice bottle.
- 2. Let steep for 2 weeks in a dark corner. Shake bottle briefly each day.
- 3. Strain liquid from blackberry/brandy solution. Use a coffee filter for a second straining.
- 4. Add back to clean bottle with honey, spices, and orange peel. Close and shake well.
- 5. Let steep for a month minimum. Strain and add back peel if you like. Shake occasionally to mix up harmless deposits from the honey.