Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love beetroot, I think it deserves much more publicity than it gets here it is spiced with fragrant spices and is delicious hot or cold.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, roughly crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 625 g cooked beetroots, in wedges
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander seeds and chilli for a minute.
- Add the beetroot and cook for a further minute.
- Add coconut milk, cardamom, rind and juice. Cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in coriander and serve.