3 hrs 20 mins
This recipe came from the "Stew Pot" section of the cookbook "365 Easy One-Dish Meals". It is hearty and so flavorful with its unique combination of ingredients and spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1/2 cup dried apricot
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks
- 1Slice the onions and separate into rings. Peel and slice the potatoes and carrots 1/2" thick.
- 2In a deep 6-quart casserole, mix the beer, broth, brandy, Worcestershire, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, marmalade, salt and pepper. Pour 2 cups of this mixture into a measuring cup.
- 3Layer 1/2 of the onions, potatoes, carrots, prunes, and apricots in the casserole (in the remaining broth). Place the chuck steaks on top. Layer the remaining onions, potatoes, carrots, prunes and apricots on top of the meat. Pour the reserved broth mixture over all.
- 4Cover and bake 2 hours at 325 degrees.
- 5Uncover and spoon the gravy from the bottom of the pan over top.
- 6Cover, return to oven, and bake for 1 hour longer.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Beef With Winter Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.4 mg
- Sodium 1108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef chuck steaks