Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The Moors' ruled the south of Spain in the past, when they were overthrown many of them leapt from the mountain tops in this area. The spot is known as SALTO DEL NEGRO, (black mans leap) it goes without saying that all managed to kill themselves. This recipe is from this part of Spain. Very simple to make with or without a Tajine.
- 1 lb stewing beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup beef stock, made from a cube
- 8 ounces pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 pimiento, green chopped
- Heat the oil in a pot ( if you have tajine use it) fry the meat, onions, garlic and ginger, cook till onions are golden.
- Add the turmeric, chili powder, stir and add the stock. cover with a lid.
- Simmer till meat is tender.
- Add the pumpkin and pimento, cook for 10 minutes adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with couscous.