Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
An updated, easy recipe. The coloured peppers look festive. From the Beef Information Centre.
Top Review by Smilyn
We liked these as a good weekday dinner. I put some slices of Gruyere cheese on top... that was ok, but I think it would be better with a softer cheese like white cheddar or monteray jack. Thanks for posting : )
- 4 medium sweet peppers (mixed colors)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops from peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- Chop enough of the tops to make 1/2 cup.
- In lightly oiled skillet, cook beef, chopped peppers, onion, carrot, and garlic, until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and drain fat, if any.
- Stir in rice, seasonings, salt, 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- Spoon evenly into peppers.
- Place upright in shallow baking dish, large enough to hold peppers in single layer and pour remaining sauce around peppers.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350°F.
- for 45-50 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp.