Recipe by English_Rose
This is a favourite in our house, my Mum got the recipe years ago from a Belgian colleague and is making it right now so it reminded me to post it! It smells delish! It results in a stew with a distinctive taste that somehow combines all the ingredients so you are never quite sure what has gone into it, unless you have the recipe of course! Serve with veg and potatoes of your choice.
Top Review by threeovens
I loved this! But then again, I do like my food sweet sometimes, and this is sweet. It does not taste anything like it was cooked in ketchup, it is much more complex. Although, I have to admit, my mother did add ketchup to her stews and goulash. I served it with mashed potatoes. Made for ZWT 6.
- 1 lb stewing beef, cubed into 1 in pieces
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons English mustard
- salt and pepper