Prep 15 mins
Cook 32 mins
- In a medium sauce pan bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add rice, stir and cover.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add up to 1/4 cup water if rice becomes dry.
- In a heavy skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat until fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Stir often.
- Add to rice and stir to blend.
- Add peas and stir.
- Season with lemon juice.
I made this for dinner tonight and my guests ate it to the last grain! It was extremely tasty and a dish like this makes me very glad, i.e., when there are few, easy to remember ingredients and the taste is "To die for" :) I used a tsp. of salt as well in step 2. Also, I used a tbsp. of oil and allowed the cumin seeds to splutter in that. It was just GREAT! Thanks!
I served this rice dish this evening with our fish and it was delicious! I didn't have Cumin Seeds on hand so I substituted a very reduced amound of ground cumin seed. I added a couple tablespoons of butter and some salt with the freshly squeezed lemon juice. I will definitely prepare this again! We loved it!
I used 2/3 cup of brown rice with 1 1/3 cup of broth, and did everything else as written. I also added 1/2 tbsp of butter at the end and this made for an amazing side dish. Definitely something to be made again.