Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A luscious low-fat dessert! Check out my other recipe for broiled pineapple for a similar fruit dessert. I adapted this recipe from an old magazine ad.
- 2 firm ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon sucanat
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream or 1 cup frozen yogurt
- Cut bananas in half crosswise then lengthwise and set aside.
- Melt butter ina skillet over medium high heat.
- Add brown sugar, apple juice concentrate, vanilla, cinnamon, and allspice and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add banana pieces and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn bananas pieces over and cook an additional minute.
- Heat rum in saucepan.
- Pour over banana mixture.
- If desired, ignite run with a long match, let flames die down.
- Stir gently.
- Arrange 4 banana pieces on each of 2 dessert plates; spoon sauce over pieces and top each with 1/2 cup ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
This is a real yummy treat. I make this (but I do omit the allspice and apple juice concentrate). It always gets over before I know it:)