Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
There is another similar recipe on here but doesn't have the added spices that I think make this so special. I do got this from another sight and made it for three very hungry Man-Cubs breakfast and they ALL rated it 5 stars. One called it "candy bacon" Hope you like it too. Nest time I'm thinking I'll cut back on the brown sugar as I had a LOT left over - but left it here as in the original recipe.
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb bacon, slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack over the foil. Use a baking sheet that has sides to catch the grease.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, mustard powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
- Press each slice of bacon into the mixture until coated.
- Twist each strip a few times and place on the prepared baking rack.
- Bake until bacon is browned and crisp enough to hold its shape, about 30 minutes.
Spiced Bacon Twist or candied bacon may sound wrong, but it's oh so right! To make this easy recipe, all you need to do is coat bacon with a sugar and spice mixture and bake it until it's crispy. The resulting treat is simultaneously chewy and crunchy, sweet and salty, and completely addicting. I bake anywhere from 6 to 9 lbs of bacon for our family & friends Christmas breakfast just the way you describe except that I use the parchment paper for 2 rounds of baking before changing it out. It truly is the best way to cook bacon. I like to mention sprinkling it all with some brown sugar toward the end of baking ? heavenly! The hunters here today love it for breakfast! Thank You! PRMR 2013 ..Grpa