1/1 Photo of Spiced Bacon Twist
Bonnie G #2's Note:
There is another similar recipe on here but doesn't have the added spices that I think make this so special. I do got this from another sight and made it for three very hungry Man-Cubs breakfast and they ALL rated it 5 stars. One called it "candy bacon" Hope you like it too. Nest time I'm thinking I'll cut back on the brown sugar as I had a LOT left over - but left it here as in the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack over the foil. Use a baking sheet that has sides to catch the grease.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, mustard powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
- 4Press each slice of bacon into the mixture until coated.
- 5Twist each strip a few times and place on the prepared baking rack.
- 6Bake until bacon is browned and crisp enough to hold its shape, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Bacon Twist
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.4
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 480.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g