Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A rich and savoury soup which can be served hot or cold, making it good for winter or summer! Make this a meal by adding a side salad and crusty bread or cornbread.
- 4 avocados
- 1 cup sour cream (either dairy or vegan is fine)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (add more for more spiciness)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tomatoes
- Chop and sauté onion in oil, until caramelization starts. Add chili and coriander, and sauté for a minute longer.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- While waiting for boil, finely dice tomato and cilantro, for garnish.
- Remove from heat, and add sour cream.
- Cut avocados in half, and remove pit. Scoop out flesh with spoon into soup.
- Using hand blender, purée ingredients.
- Add salt to taste.
- If serving hot, put in bowl and top with garnish. If serving cold, put soup in refrigerator for at least two hours, then when ready to serve, top with garnish.
Very easy to make and quite spicy! Love it! Made for PAC, Spring 2012.