Recipe by Sharon123
A great sandwich for summer! Nice and spicy! You can use wraps or bread instead of pita if you like.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce (or use hot sauce of your choice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup yellow grape tomatoes, halved (or red)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 small radishes, halved and thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 whole wheat pita bread, top third cut off (6 inches each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve and pit avocado. With a spoon, scoop out avocado flesh, cut into chunks, and transfer to a medium bowl. Add orange juice, Tabasco sauce, and coriander; season with salt and pepper. Mix gently to combine.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, and radish. Combine, and divide mixture between 2 pitas.
- Serve immediately.