Recipe by Lennongirl
Another one from Taste.com.au, but I replaced their turkey with chicken and adjusted the seasoning. Made this last night and it was a big hit with my husband. Of course he loves chicken, so he might've been a bit biased...
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillet
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 180 g dried apricots
- 125 ml low-fat plain yogurt
- 10 ml ground cumin
- 5 ml ground turmeric
- 5 ml ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 pinches salt
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast horizonally down the center to make two thin slices. Add some lemon rind and pepper to once side of each slice then cut the dried apricots on top.
- Roll the chicken slices to wrap them around the apricots then insert a cocktail stick to hold the roll in place.
- Mix the yogurt with the coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper and garlic. Brush or rub the sauce into the rolled chicken breasts.
- Arrange the chicken in a dish and cook in a preheated oven at 190°C for 25 - 30 minutes. Check the chicken is properly cooked.