Recipe by KlynnPadilla
Not sure where this one came from; one of the holiday baking mini-magazines, I think. Posted for safekeeping.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 finely snipped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons apricot nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom; set aside.
- Mix together until combined the egg, brown sugar, apricot nectar, applesauce, and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring just to combine. Stir in apricots.
- Spread in an ungreased 11x7 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours, then drizzle with icing and cut into bars.
- To make icing: In a small bowl stir together the powdered sugar and enough apricot nectar to bring to drizzling consistency.