1/2 Photos of Spiced Apricot and Plum Pie
This is a lovely pie to make. Very simple and full of fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (825 g) cans dark plums in light syrup
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar (see note)
Spiced yoghurt cream
- 1Preheat oven to 200 Celsius (400 F). Grease 26 cm (10.5 inch) pie dish or deep 1.25 litre (5 cup) rectangle dish.
- 2Drain plums and reserve 1 cup of syrup.
- 3Halve plums, discard stones, place plums in prepared dish.
- 4Combine reserve syrup, apricots, cinnamon, cloves, mixed spice and ginger in medium saucepan.
- 5Simmer uncovered until liquid is reduced to ½ cup.
- 6Note : if your apricots are a little tart, add the sugar to the saucepan.
- 7Remove and discard cinnamon stick and cloves. Cool mixture to room temperature. Pour mixture over plums.
- 8Cut the pastry into 2.5cm strips. Brush edge of pie dish with some of the egg. Press pastry strips around edge of dish. Place remaining strips in lattice pattern over pie. Brush with remaining egg.
- 9Bake for about 40 minutes or until pastry is browned lightly. If pastry starts to brown too quickly, cover with foil for the last 10 -15 minutes of baking time.
- 10Dust with icing sugar and serve with spiced yoghurt cream.
- 11Spiced yoghurt cream : Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Apricot and Plum Pie
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.5
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 402.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 68.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: