Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet, moist and reminiscent of apple pie flavor, these pancakes are like eating dessert for breakfast. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup or warm apple topping for a hearty treat.
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk one egg until frothy. Then add applesauce, vegetable oil, water and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and whisk in the wet ingredients all at once.
- Using a 1/4 cup sized measuring cup, pour batter onto the hot, greased skillet/griddle over medium heat, leaving enough space between each pancake for them to expand. With the bottom of your measuring cup or the back of a spoon, spread out the batter in a circular motion until pancake is an even layer.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes or until surface begins to bubble and edges appear slightly dry. Turn and cook for another 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup (or your choice of syrup).
Great flavors...they really do remind you of apple pie. They did turn out a little dense but were overall very enjoyable. Great fall breakfast! Made for My Three Chefs 2013.