Sweet, moist and reminiscent of apple pie flavor, these pancakes are like eating dessert for breakfast. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup or warm apple topping for a hearty treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- 3In another medium mixing bowl, whisk one egg until frothy. Then add applesauce, vegetable oil, water and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- 4Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and whisk in the wet ingredients all at once.
- 5Using a 1/4 cup sized measuring cup, pour batter onto the hot, greased skillet/griddle over medium heat, leaving enough space between each pancake for them to expand. With the bottom of your measuring cup or the back of a spoon, spread out the batter in a circular motion until pancake is an even layer.
- 6Cook for 2-4 minutes or until surface begins to bubble and edges appear slightly dry. Turn and cook for another 2 minutes until golden brown.
- 7Serve hot with butter and maple syrup (or your choice of syrup).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Applesauce Pancakes (Dairy-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.5
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 442.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g