Recipe by Hey Jude
These are SO darn good! This recipe makes a nice, big batch of cupcakes - it's good for taking to the office, parties, etc. Recipe is from Sunset.
Top Review by Geri by the Sea
I made this as a Xmas morning breakfast-in-bed for my honey, and he just absolutely loved waking up to it! It was yummy, and the glaze really made the recipe special. I varied the recipe a little bit... First, with the cupcake batter, I simply tossed all of the ingredients into a food processor - first the wet, then the dry - and whirred them on high speed. Later, with the glaze, I added a bit of powdered ginger for a little tang.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons apple juice, about
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt until very well combined; set aside.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy; add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended; stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined or well-greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 350°oven until tops spring back when lightly touched (20-25 min).
- let cool in pans on wire racks for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare Apple Glaze, carefully remove cupcakes, place on racks and brush with glaze.
- Apple Glaze: mix powdered sugar and apple juice until smoothly blended and of a good brushing consistency.