Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this cake. This is a beautiful and scrumptious cake.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce, Thick
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, your choice chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth, Stir in appplesauce.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt, add to butter mixture. Stir and beat until well blended.
- Add raisins and nuts stir by hand until mixed inches.
- Pour batter into greased and lightly floured Bundt pan.
- Bake until cake is done about 45-50 minutes.
- or until tooth pick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- When cake is done remove from oven and let cake rest in pan for a few minutes while you make the glaze.
- APPLE GLAZE:.
- Mix powered sugar with apple juice, mix until smooth. (If you would like a little color add a few drops of red or green food coloring).
- Turn out cake onto rack or onto cake plate.
- Pour glaze over cake while cake is still warm, let glaze drizzle down sides of cake.