Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great low fat dessert - great for folks on LA Weightloss
- 4 medium apples, cored
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel a 1/2 inch horizontal strip around apples to help release juices during baking.
- Place apples in a 9x9 baking dish.
- Combine cinnamon, ginger & Splenda in a bowl.
- Place 1 Tbs of cinnamon mixture in the cored-out center of each apple. Sprinkle remaining mixture over the top of the apples.
- Combine water and lemon juice in a cup. Pour liquid around apples.
- Bake until apples are soft when pierced with a knife, about 15-20 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.
- Pour pudding mix into a medium bowl; whisk in milk to make a fairly thin sauce.
- Place one apple in a dish, and drizzle with sauce.
- Serving size: 1 apple with 1/4 c sauce.
- LAWL count: 1 fruit, 1 condiment.