Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
server over ice cream or as a side dish. Found this on a search on the internet. Posted as a recipe request.
- 3 -4 large granny smith apples
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or you can add cranberries, blueberries, and nuts)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt butter in a 2 qt saucepan.
- Add and saute apples over med heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in fruit, nuts, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add water and cook on high until mixture boils.
- Add sugar and reduce heat to med-low.
- Simmer for 10.
This is fabulous, and great during the cold season! I love stuff like this, and I am so glad that this recipe happen to dance my way :-)I used the minimum amount of butter and raisins. Next time I think I may add some pecans to this as well!!! :-) YUM! Thanks! I will be making this again :-)
This was a very good dessert but was very watery! next time when i make it will use less water.
This turned out very delicious! If I were to make it again, I would cut down on the butter and the water. Mine seemed to watery. Maybe I didn't cook it long enough. It's very tasty, even later on, as leftovers.