Recipe by leeleitch
I have not tried it yet but it sounds delicious. The original recipe from M&M serves it with pork loin chops.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 golden delicious apples, unpeeled, cored and cut each apple into 12 segments
- 1 tablespoon calvados (optional) or 1 tablespoon apple cider (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add sugar and allspice.
- Add the apple segments, season with salt, and cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until fork tender (but not mushy) and caramelized.
- Remove the apples to a plate.
- Add Calvados (if using)to pan and stir vigorously, scraping up any brown bits, until almost completely evaporated.
- Add the unsweetened apple juice and heat for about 3 minutes until the sauce is reduced to about 2-3 tablespoons.
- Add the whipping cream and boil until slightly thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and add 1 tablespoons of butter and apple segments.
- Stir to coat the apples with sauce completely.
- Serve hot with pork loin chops.