Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick flavorful appetizer or a brunch treat. You could also sprinkle a few raisins over each apple slice before rolling up in step 4, and or sprinkle a little nutmeg and allspice in step 7.
- 1⁄4 orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 2 large tart firm apples, peeled, and cored
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Pour orange juice into bottom of a greased 9x9 baking pan.
- Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 8 triangles, then cut each in half to make 16 triangles.
- Cut each apple into 8 slices.
- Place an apple slice at wide end of each triangle. Roll up.
- Arrange filled pastries into the 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Drizzle butter over tops.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture over pastries.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.