Recipe by Charmie777
I think I got this recipe at a Pampered Chef party. They are soooo yummy served hot over vanilla ice cream.
- 3 medium granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut apple slices into fourths (or leave whole if desired.).
- Combine sugar and spices in a small bowl.
- Whisk together cider and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Set both mixtures aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add apples and ginger.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add spice mixture.
- Stir-fry an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cider mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Serve over cake or ice cream.