1/10 Photos of Spiced Apple Slices / Apple Chips
1 hr 5 mins
Spicy, Tart, and Sweet Oven Dried Apples. I like Granny Smiths but use what firm apples you prefer. I made this with candies ginger just pulse in the grinder along with the cardamom. I like the uneven amounts of spices on each slice. This way those that like it can pick the more spiced ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 granny smith apples, sliced with the pampered chief apple peeler corer slicer then cut in half so you have thin slice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cardamom seed (I just love cardamon but you can skip or cut it down to 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 fresh nutmeg, ground
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1Put cardamon in a coffee grinder (Used for spices not coffee. Grind till fine add rest of the sugar and spices give a couple of whirls to mix into a fine powder).
- 2Lay parchment paper on 2 cookie sheet pans.
- 3In a storage bag add spices and apples toss gently to coat, shaking excess spices off place on parchment in a single layer. You can sprinkle a little extra sugar on the slices this is optional.
- 4Dry in a 250 degree oven 1 to 3 hours depending on how juicy the apples are. Turning after 1 hour.
- 5They come out crisp,sweet and tart.
- 6Store in an air tight container if for some reason there is any left over.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Apple Slices / Apple Chips
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6