From Sunset. Some people rinse their quinoa. I never do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 delicious apple (1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- butter lettuce leaf, rinsed and crisped (optional)
- 1In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan, combine quinoa and 2 cups water.
- 2Bring to a boil on high heat, turn heat low, cover, and simmer until grain is tender to bite, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- 3Meanwhile, combine vinegar, apple juice concentrate, allspice, pepper, and garlic. Mix with cool quinoa.
- 4Core apple and cut in 1/4-inch cubes. Mix apple, carrot, onion, and mint with quinoa.
- 5Mound salad on a lettuce-lined platter. Add salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Apple Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g