Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweet, easy-to make muffin that I have made lots of times.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix in apple, cover completely.
- Add egg, milk, and butter.
- Pour 3/4 full into greased muffin tins.
- Mix topping together and sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
- Eat them.
Used Gala apples for these muffins & I was very happy with the results ~ Had some wonderfully moist & flavorful gems that were shared by several neighbors! I really enjoy making these kinds of special treats & do appreciate you posting the recipe! Thanks so much! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]